View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 10:26 AM

Default Re: The Better Intelligence-Religion Correlation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the concept of a final God is illogical and unnecessary

[/ QUOTE ]

Unneccesary for who? For what? Even if the concept of God is illogical show me how that proves there is no God. Which, I'm sure you understand, is much more important than the logic of there being a God.

pokervintage

[/ QUOTE ]

Like I said, I'm not denying the existence of beings with potentially omnipotent powers from the view of individuals. It's just that for some intelligent people, the answer is obvious that because everything is evolving, God cannot exist or he would already have resolved the question of life and existence. I'm not trying to disprove God ultimately, but redefine the concept.

Say he exists. Is he done with his work and knows everything? That's the part I find illogical, because there is yet more to be known, to be found. Perhaps there exists a scenario in where the answers are already there and we are progressing along towards finding them. It's merely my opinion that such near-omnipotent beings are doing the same thing still. So a final God is illogical in my view. Such intelligences would seem omnipotent in a human outlook, of course, so that makes my statement on "unnecessary" incorrect for the majority.

Most people find solace in religion and place their faith in that there already is one. They need that, and I've said in other threads that this concept is not a bad thing, it's just unnecessary for me, personally.

I am first and foremost an agnostic and until proven wrong on this, I take this stand to speculate and perhaps learn more. So I concede the point of it being unnecessary, but I remain agnostic for reasons stated.