View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Re: The Better Intelligence-Religion Correlation

I pretty much agree with DS premise here as it applies to RELIGEON, but not the existence of GOD.

To me, Religion is man's attempt to quantify God and codify his/her values and will.

Even assuming that such a thing were remotely possible, and Human rational thought could be applied to the problem, I think you would quickly run into what I will call the SUPREME COURT PARADOX. By that, I mean that the 9 supposedly most qualified legal minds often disagree most on issues of the most basic interpretion of our own man-made laws.

Take Abortion for instance: Putting aside precedent, the status of abortion-- an inalienable right of all women, or MURDER-- is never more than a single vote or two from switching, from these polar extremes.

It is completely understandable that the brightest minds would be the least likely to adhere to any religeon and would choose to examine these question for themselves. What is surprising to me is how many people (including bright people) are willing to accept any particular religion as the "correct" one.

But not of this has any bearing to me on the issue of the existence of God.