View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Deep (how to get the money in?)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And PF is pretty bad...you should be raising to build a pot if anything else (vs. UTG+1).

[/ QUOTE ]

This, I think, is an important point about pre-flop. Other than the reasons mentioned for raising pre-flop, another very important reason is because you're deep, and there are two other players at the table with deepish stacks. Even if you typically don't open raise small PP's pre-flop (even though you should be), the deep stacks really make not raising this pre-flop even worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Enough with the pre-flop-raise stuff already! Clearly it would have been better to raise given the way the hand played out. That said, the way the hand played out was just one possible path out of many (one I would have weighted pretty low by frequency). For most of the ways this hand would of played out raising pf was wrong. I really believe this.

I have no issues with raising small pp - it just makes a whole lot less sense with fishy players acting behind because there is very little chance of winning the pot without a set if I did raise and an good-excellent change of playing a moderate-big pot if I were to hit a set - particulary because they probably think I'm full of sh.t (note my 26/18/6.75 stats for the 500 hand session).

I was just reading the CTS well thread and he talks about tightening up pf raising standards from the CO when the button is a fish. I think this situation is somewhat similar.

Lucky