View Single Post
Old 10-17-2007, 11:01 PM

Default HUSNG: When draws complete

This is a type of situation that comes up with me often, I have tp on the flop and then a draw completes on the turn. I am always scared that the players I am playing against have it because I know they are loose and would call with draws, so I don't want to pay them off. How would you play this turn? On the river when villain bet weakly again I figure he wants a cheap showdown with a weak hand so I raise for value and I hit two pair now so I think I beat most hands he would do this with. Do you agree with the river bet?

Reads: Villain has been limping in on the button regularly. He calls most of my button raises but not all of them. He has been folding to my cbets before this. (this is why I am more inclined to think he has at least a draw when he calls me on the flop)

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t10/t20
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: t1650
BB: t1350

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t40 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t70)</font>.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t120, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets t80</font>, BB calls t80 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t200)</font>.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (t280, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets t20</font>, Hero calls t20 <font color="aaaaaa">(pot was t300)</font>.

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (t320, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets t40</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t220</font>, BB folds.
Uncalled bets: t180 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: t400