View Single Post
Old 11-13-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Match Play - Giving Putts

[ QUOTE ]
It's like when Olazabal missed a yip-length putt against Tiger in a playoff at Torrey Pines a year or two ago, Tiger just sort of looked down like WTF was that, what a crappy way to win. It was short enough that Tiger probably would have given it to him in match play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you made a mistake here and meant John Daly. Same thing happened in the playoff in San Francisco if I remember. A win is a win though. Obviously, you would like to win a certain way, but that is life..and golf!

[ QUOTE ]
The people who do NOT get putts from me are the gimme beggars, the ones who are head cases and always asking for putts that they would rather not have to putt. I may be a head case at times but I never, ever ask for a putt to be conceded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, we have one of those in my group. Asks if it is good. My standard response is to say if it is in the leather, it is absolutely good.

And he is always trying the 'both good' routine when we are two feet away. He did that on 18 last Saturday! I said I have other bets and that isn't fair. He proceeded to miss his and I made mine.

Yeah, those types bother me.