View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 05:29 PM

Default Dell 2007FP Flickering, switched montiors and problem still exists

Hi everyone,

Woke up today, restarted my computer, began to play poker. Now my right monitor (a dell 2007 FP) is flickering like crazy, while the left (also a dell 2007 FP) is fine.

Both are hooked up using DVI, set to 1600x1200 and at a 60HZ refresh rate.

I am using this computer (about a week old.) There have been no problems with it before today.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddet...amp;catid=10607

The first thing I did was check the cables, and they seemed to be connected properly.

Then I searched on the dell tech support. Apart from getting a new graphics card (I am looking for an immediate/short term fix) I saw suggestions to change the 'image mode' on the monitor from 'gaming' to 'desktop' .... It was already on 'desktop'

I took a look on this forum, and saw a similar thread from yesterday where a guys 24 inch was flickering different colors. He switched monitors and stopped having the problem. I tried the same, switching the flickering monitor for another 2007Fp that I have, and the problem still existed. Only now, the monitor was flicker free on the top half of the screen, and flickering on the bottom half. This monitor was working fine on the previous system it was hooked up to.

Then I saw a suggestion to change the 'refresh rate' - but vista gave me a warning that changing this rate might damage my hardware, and to check my monitors specs.

So I went to the dell website and they no longer have the 2007FP listed, just the WFP. I want to make sure I wont do any damage if the refresh rate is changed, or if I should try something else.

Thanks in advance for all of your help