View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: .

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The yellow shirt sucks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
I am going up to kanchaburi for a festival at the river kwai around 28novb-05dec anyone that knows anything about it ore is going? The locals dosent seem to know much about it actually

[/ QUOTE ]

The yellow shirt sucks? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Also, Kanchanaburi is a really nice area. I've never been for the festival (which I think remembers those lost) but the town is great.

Relaxed, river centric (obviously) and is quite slowly paced, if you avoid all the tour buses. I got a riverhut, used the bicycle they had to get around and saw all the historical sites. A pretty somber place, but well worth the visit and the scenic train ride in.

In any case, a quick Google search found a bunch of stuff on the festival itself.

[ QUOTE ]

Every year in late November and early December the River Kwai Bridge Festival is celebrated. Highlight of the festival is the Sound & Light Show, which tells the history of the Death Railway, the Hellfire Pass and the Bridge on the River Kwai. Once the 415 km long Death Railway runs from Thailand to Burma to support there the japanese defence lines.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also found some photos of the laser show and fireworks over the bridge.

http://www.travelfish.org/feature/40

[/ QUOTE ]

Yellow is not really my color [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

The main reason why I am going there is that lightshow. I am also going to check out the tigertemple and waterfalls.

It seems like a snooze place but I think I will appreciate that after a few weeks in bangkok.

Just like that article says "late November and early December" nobody seem knows any exact dates. I am going up there on the third of dec and expect a big finale on the fifth of dec.

Thanks for the info!