View Single Post
Old 12-19-2006, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Line across my LCD

Good to hear Samsung is standing behind their products.

It used to be a big issue w/ cheap LCD's that pixels or lines would burn out. Manufacturers wouldn't consider them "broken" until a certain percentage of the screen area was broken. I was concerned when I started reading the thread that this would be the case. Glad to hear the good news...and will be interested to hear how they respond to 1MoreFish4U.

I only own one LCD, but it's a Samsung (170MP) I've had for about 6 yrs or so (17" w/ built in tv tuner, s-video and RCA inputs, built in speakers, picture-in-picture...pretty kickin for it's time). It's been dropped, used in an 18 wheeler for 4 yrs/500k miles, had an incense cone burn a hole in the top of the case, and will actually display resolutions above what the manufacturer states...which I still don't understand...this monitor acts like a CRT and looks fine at many different resolutions)...I love it. A friend of mine bought the HD version of the same monitor 2 yrs later, didn't subject it to any abuse, and it died in a year...go figure.