View Single Post
Old 04-30-2007, 04:52 AM

Default Re: JJ against LAGtard

[ QUOTE ]
yikes, u didnt play this right.

I havent cold capped JJ ever in fr not in the blinds or in an obvious steal/ resteal situation ie loose HJ raises, CO 3bets and has a range of 55+ ATo A9s+ KQo KJs+ ect so I cold cap JJ otb. This is a fold preflop in my book, not sure what poker stove says? I cold cap QQ here and AKs, Id sometimes call sometimes cap AKo here.

the flop decision is tough/close, but u definitely shouldnt raise the turn, once u did I think u should just ditch, ur not gonna win even close to 10% of the time u need to to calldown profitably. As for the flop, Im pretty scared when UTG donks into the pf3bettor and cold capper and there arent many worse hands UTG+1 is likely to have that hed raise here. 9x doesnt fit much into most's 3betting range vs a UTG raiser at fr, so he could have PPs below hes raising for protection, but that pretty much goes out the window after his cap. People also rarely would raise AK AQ KQ ect here in a capped pot, so we're not doing very well against either players ranges. Its tough I guess I 3bet cuz I cant fold yet esp since the flop raiser is the more aggro but I dont like it much while Im doing it, same goes with QQ here, KK i feel better but still probably wouldnt raise the turn here w/o a really spewy postflop read on MP. even then I dont mind just calling down to have UTG pad the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what you are advocating is very weak. We have an overpair against someone who plays 44% of his hands and raises half of them. He very well could be playing T9o this way. I'm raising to get the guy with AQ, AK out here in case an A,K, or Q drops. I'm trying to protect my hand, even though I very well may be beat. Why do you want to play this vulnerable overpair so weakly?