View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 03:41 AM

Default Re: $5/10 Razz--Three Pair

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's been said in this thread that we should call in order to induce another player to come into this pot. But, speaking in general terms, even though we have the very best possible starting hand, doesn't it play much better heads-up? I'd rather put myself in a position to win the pot simply by catching better than one opponent rather than forcing myself to catch very good against several.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case, the call possibly stood to keep one other fisherman in the pot, particularly if he was attached to his bring and had low cards. The potential downward value of keeping him in by just calling is greater than the expense of one extra bet that we missed by not RR'ing the better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your advice shows a lesser expected value in the long run, and may also encourage a fold on 4th where as what we really want to create a situation where the hero can call 4th street regardless of the 4th street cards. Your showing weak tight thinking by not raising to get the hand heads up, it is not the long term winning play.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]