View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 02:37 AM

Default Re: 5 Generals 6 Admirals on Climate Change: There will be wars over water

[ QUOTE ]
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Global warming poses a "serious threat to America's national security" and the U.S. likely will be dragged into fights over water and other shortages, top retired military leaders warn in a new report.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you stop and reflect this general concept is nothing new, surprising, or even that thought provoking. Humanity has been fighting over resources, arable land, trade and sea routes, strategic access points, and a host of perceived or real precious commodities for millennium. The general concept is age old. I recall reading about the first ever recorded war in Will Durant's Story of Civilization - it was over rocks, diorite if I recall correctly, that a specific brigand King wished to use to make statues of himself with and that diorite just happened to be in someone else's sphere of ownership. Thus a war commenced to acquire that which the King needed to sanctify and preserved for posterity his glory, greed, pride, and ego, all acquired by spilling other peoples blood.

Anyway, I care little about any of this. I’m more concerned about the price of my GE stock and the money to be made from the future apocalypse. Go global warming, and if humanity finally exterminates itself and I can make a profit before the curtain falls that is just Icing on the Cake for me.

And one more thing, everyone better start arming up for the big rumble. You don't want to be left out of all the fun.

Le Misanthrope