View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 11:25 AM

Default Re: LSD: Fruit from the Tree of Knowledge, or Dumbo\'s feather?

[ QUOTE ]
The dissociative effect can relieve you of your ego and make it easier to see things clearly. However the sense that you understand everything perfectly is actually an illusion created by the drug.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't feel I understood everything perfectly, but it was much easier to understand some things, mainly because I had almost no bias/inhibitions towards thinking or saying anything.

[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes it happens to be true, but that's not what produces the feeling that it is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I think it is. When I felt I had just discovered or thought out something great or deep, I'd feel excited by it at first, but then felt it must have been the drug that made me feel that way; only to later find out that it was really something true and amazing about myself, others, society, etc. Everyone I talked to during the trip agreed on most of my thoughts, and most of them didn't take any drugs.

This happened with about 95%+ of my thoughts, and I was thinking/feeling something different every couple minutes or so. Maybe it's just me though. I'm not claiming the same will happen to anyone who takes LSD.