View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Re: I can’t stop playing poker

[ QUOTE ]
A couple years ago, someone wrote about a gambling addiction. It's extremely long. No, it's several times longer than you visualized when I said, "extremely long." If you're interested, it's located here .

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, Mike, thanks for the link. I just spent a LONG time reading the entire thread and posted a reply at the end (for which I shall likely get some flames for having caused it to get bumped up to a seemingly "new" status again).

Wish the people had chosen to LISTEN to the man's story rather than to spin things off as they did as I suspect he had a lot more to say. Neverthless, it (the thread itself) is intriguingly indicative of the mess and havoc which addictions foster not only in the lives of those whom are directly afflicted but to countless other bystanders who sometimes get in the way and are hit by the fallout.

In that, too, there is a story which is told, a lesson to be learned, to those who have ears willing to listen and eyes willing to see.

Thanks for having provided the link as upsetting as the experience of reading the whole thread was for me, I neverthless appreciated it.