Thread: HU BLUFFING 1/2
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 01:34 AM

Default Re: HU BLUFFING 1/2

Heres the hand where we split with a nut straight. This was early in the match so it could of been my opponent feeling me out and wanting to see what I showdown and how I played. I personally think he just took the safe line and was playing to see a safe river card and go for a c/r. Board paired and he elected to c/c and not turn his hand into a bluff. Thats my read on this hand at least.

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $2 BB (2 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($297)
BB ($345.50)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $6</font>, BB calls $4.

Flop: ($12) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($12) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $11.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $36</font>, BB calls $24.50.

River: ($84) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $40</font>, BB calls $40.

Final Pot: $164

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 6s 4c 7h 8c (straight, nine high).

Outcome: Hero wins $82. BB wins $82. </font>

As far as my image goes, it should be very solid. I haven't shown down a bluff and I haven't had any obvious check/call, check/call, check/fold lines where it looks like I'm a passive fish chasing. I've c/r him with solid hands and got him all in on turns needing to hit (which he did) and the other big hand was the 3bet pot where I got coolered with second nut straigt vs nut straight on turn. So if he's been looking up my hands I've showdown then my play should look solid w/o anything crazy.

The HU PLO tables are at the bottom of the limits listed on stars. They are between the Play money tables (if you have them viewable and the micro .01/.02 limits. Same goes for NLHE as well.