View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 08:11 AM

Default Re: preflop checkie cause i have lost every pot in the last 7 days,

[ QUOTE ]
cero_z,

I think 2k is superior to to shoving, because it at least gives the impression of folding equity. I'm not saying that it WILL make a difference, if he has say.... AQ, but w/ this we at least give him a chance to shove whereas if we just shove I think he basically never calls a shove. Overall I am either folding, calling, or raising to 2k with any of my hands here, and basically never shoving.

If anyone has anything to say, especially regarding that last sentence, I think it'd be a good discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

the general concensus is raising to 2k is better since we allow worse hands to shove given the impression of FE.. (i.e. AQ)
in a vacuum, which is what this hand is seeing no past history, woulndt shoving with AK be more superior as we can possibly fold pp hands such as 99 TT (since with on FE we are liekly to have a stronger hand)?

i think it goes both ways that the impression of FE can be good or bad.. depending if he shoves 77 against us (obv not what we want)

the exception woudl b if we 4-bet bluff enough that he might shove wiht AJ AQ.. which would not noramlly be the case against an unknown.