Thread: Cigar Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Cigar Thread

[ QUOTE ]
A question on humidification:
Being a lazy person the automatic humdification systems appeal to me a lot. Plus it seems kinda cool to have an electric system to monitor your cigars (though a bit excessive for an amateur like myself).

But are they any good? I'm mainly thinking about the "Cigar Oasis XL Plus", it uses distilled water only (so I won't need to replace cartridges or anything, just refill water once every 6 months or so).
I'm planning to buy a new humidor, but not bigger than 100-150 capacity. Will the Oasis XL Plus work well in such a small humidor (says it is designed for cabinets etc)?

I'm also receptive to other ideas for humidification, but something that needs refilling every two weeks would probably not be the thing for me...

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend lives in relatively dry Los Angeles County and is looking for something more or less self-maintaining like this (except perhaps a smaller model than the Oasis XL Plus) so I'm bumping your post with some links that hopefully will encourage comment.

Cigar Oasis XL which is apparently the smaller model despite the XL designation.

Oops, there is an even smaller model called the Cigar Oasis Ultra at the top of the linked page. It's about the size of a standard rectangle humidifier that I assume most of us have.

Does anyone have any experience with this product?

Is this overkill for a table-top 50 cigar size humidor?

~ Rick

PS Lucky bathroom break before final posting allowed me time to read the new JR catalog and find this deal with a Cigar Oasis machine thrown in free. I suspect it might be last years model (apparently they added a gauge to the new ones).