View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Discourteous, Unethical or OK

i don't see a problem. you ARE first to act, correct?

as long as you are the first player to act on each street, i see no problem folding to no bet. you are giving ALL the players still in the hand the same information, at the same time - before any of them have had to act.

i.e. UTG now proceeds to act with the same information that the button has. he can now check-raise the button if he thinks your fold may give the button a more clear-cut bet. he can now call the button's bet more confidently than he could if the button had to bet into 2 players. and so forth. but the button has the same information, and should now adjust to what UTG might do since you're out.

it would be slightly unethical if you were 3rd to act with 2 players behind you. UTG might be waiting to checkraise YOU and seeing as you are out, the rest of the players have information before their turn that the other 2 didn't have before their turn to act.

that being said, players with late position generally have that EXACT advantage - knowledge that early position players don't have.

it's certainly not wrong, in any case. it might help somebody unfairly every once in a while, but it's certainly not against the rules, and i certainly wouldn't ever worry about it unless somebody really made a stink.