View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 04:47 PM

Default Playing AK OOP in Reraised Pots

This is a basic situation and I wanted to do a checkup here. The button seems pretty aggressive; his pfr is about 25 and he has been betting and raising a fair amount postflop, but I haven't seen him play any really big pots yet.

I think I have to reraise preflop because if I just call, I am going to be playing AK OOP in a multiway which doesn't sound pleasant and because the guy raises enough hands behind two loose limpers that I have a good shot of taking it down immediately.

If you agree with that, I am mainly wondering how much to bet on the flop. I don't like betting full pot because then a push is just a min-raise and it sucks to have to fold here getting 4:1, so I decided to bet less.

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $197.30
BTN: $356.70
Hero (SB): $219.05
BB: $163.5
UTG: $119.15
MP: $227.25

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3, 6 players)
UTG calls $2, MP folds, CO calls $2, <font color="red">BTN raises to $11</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $45</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, CO folds, BTN calls $34

<font color="black">Flop:</font> 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($96, 2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $60</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all in</font>, Hero folds