View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 03:05 AM

Default Re: 1/2: 2 hands vs. a donkey

[ QUOTE ]
1 - I bet about 36 on the river as played.. but I bet the turn as a default (fold to a raise). He'll call with any pocket pairs, especially if they have a spade.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's funny you mention that, because a few hands before this I had noticed another LAG-TAG regular had checked the turn in position for pot control on a drawy board with KK when the board paired and I thought "wow, that's a terrible check in this spot." However, in this hand I thought checking the turn was good because I have 11 outs to improve (13 if you count the two remaining kings) to a monster. I don't want to get check-raised off the hand, and I think that smaller pairs will call a river bet more often than a turn bet. On a blank river he may now c/f an unpaired spade, but I think this is made up for by the times the river completes a flush and the times he bluffs the river with a missed draw. Also, I'd hate myself for bet-folding the turn with AA vs. this particular player.

As for the river bet-size, I agree it's a little low (though with rake subtracted it's slightly more than 1/2 pot) -- against a tougher opponent I'd be worried about inducing a bluff c/r, but here Villain almost always has a weak hand and I'd like to get a call.