View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 06:44 AM

Default Re: FTP $750K : M=60 : KK OOP facing turn shove rr on scary board

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Limping big pairs in EP didn't yield results in this hand, but that doesn't mean it's always 100% wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, with deep stacks it's almost always 100% wrong to open-limp big pairs. I only do it on very few occasions when stacks are shallower and people are pushing pre-flop like every hand in order to survive. So, raise PF!

[/ QUOTE ]

I like to mix-in big pair limps at a rate of about 8%. I use Harrington's watch rule: if the second hand on my wristwatch (which is not the exact time) is within 1st 5 secs, I limp. Unexploitable obviously.

Seems to me that people tend to play excessively tight in the 1st hour of the FTP $750K/$1M and big pairs have a lower avg expectation than later on. Limping is considerably below that avg expectation, obviously, but I think that doing it very occasionally adds the right kind of variance.

[ QUOTE ]
But now that you put yourself in this situation, just fold. Could be a combo-draw of course, but it definitely looks like two pair getting nervous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so you lean towards scenario 2. I'm trying to get an idea for the approximate ratio of the two scenarios.