View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 11:11 AM

Default Re: PokerFink\'s NFC Rankings (Week 10)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You do realize that a blowout win over a bad team is more impressive than a narrow win over a better team, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't make sense to me...at all.

Hypothetically: Sea beats NE by a late FG and that isn't as impressive as a 38-13 over Mia? What is the reasoning behind that?

Also, if you come up w/ numbers from some site I don't know how serious I can take them b/c most teams I watch basically take the 4th off (86 NE on this) and I have seen for years give up garbage points as well as don't score in the 4th. Lets say the score was 35-10 at the start of the 4th and the winning team goes into hibernation mode and the crap team scores a TD somewhere in the middle of the 4th--35-17...then they score a garbage TD w/ a 1 minute left with the game decided and the final is 35-24. Game looks much closer than it was, the 4th was played differently than the rest of the game though--this doesn't mean that it is more difficult to blowout a bad team.

[/ QUOTE ]

tdarko,

Are you really trying to argue that it's not harder to blowout a good team than a bad team? And what does that even have to do with the question?