View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 01:50 PM

Default Live 2/5 JJ hand

I'm pretty sure I played this pretty poorly, so I'd like some critique of my play and suggestions for better lines.

This is a live 2/5 game and it's my third hand. Somehow I managed to have my first hand be the SB after a dealer change, so I am now in the CO. I folded to a PRF in my SB but on the button I had AKo and raised a $20 EP raise and 1 cold-call to $100 and won the pot right there. The game seems a bit aggressive and also pretty loose, though obviously I don't have much to go on. But there are a lot of younger players at the table.

To the JJ hand. After the previous hand my stack is about $550, and most everyone else has me covered. Four people limp in and I raise Jc Js to $40. The button calls, as do two of the limpers, making the pot $170.

The relevant villain in the hand is the button. He is a young (21-25 yrs old) male wearing a baseball cap backward and a muscle shirt.

Flop is 9d 8c 2d. Checked to me and I bet $100. The button calls and the other two limpers fold.

Turn is Qh.

(1) Given how I (mis)played the hand so far, now what?

(2) What should I have done differently? The flop bet should have been bigger ($130-$140ish?), as I botched my mental arithmetic at the table. Should the preflop raise have been different?