View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 12:42 PM

Default Re: What would you do?

This is a case where I don't agree with Robert's rules on what's a misdeal. In tournaments, yes, because that's a special situation, but I think his rules for misdeals go too far for cash games.

In my room, if I deal in a player who shouldn't get a hand or deal in an empty seat, I just muck the hand. Usually it's noticed before the second card comes around, but I complete the deal as if the player were getting a hand, and then muck it. If you call the floor over, that's exactly what they'll tell me to do.

To go even further, if someone only gets one card, I'm to finish dealing the hand and then give one off the top. I don't mind that one either, but it has far more potential to annoy people. Oddly I had one situation where a higher limit player was in a lower limit game and he got genuinely upset that the proper order of the cards was ruined and that it should be a misdeal. Why he couldn't just pretend that we already had the re-deal, I don't know. (Since many people had different than the cards they "would have" gotten anyway, isn't that like a re-deal?) Me, I don't believe in magic and fairies.