View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Just A Reminder About Religious People

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

good point, i agree. by extension, picking the parts that you like most from various logical philosophies and discarding the parts that you don't like, to make a nonsensical jumble that you really like, should be frowned upon. i guess people do actually do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get this. Why would it be wrong to accept things that make sense to you and throw out those that don't?

[ QUOTE ]

also, for the same reason i can't know that what someone else percieves is nonsense, he cannot know that what i percieve is nonsense. so, all religions that claim to be "right" or claim that others are "wrong" are out of line. i think i agree with you guys on that one. but you will never hear me ridicule someone who makes assumptions that i don't, as long as that person does not claim to be 100% sure he is right.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the key point IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it is wrong to pick out only the things that benefit you and hum really loudly when people mention the flipside of that coin.

Politics is rife with this type of blindness, where we care about freedom but only when it suits US, we care about rights but only in cirumstances that arent too much of a hassle, stuff like that.