View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 10:02 AM

Default Re: Wynn daily tournaments

By far the best value (good structure)tournament in Las Vegas is the Venetian Friday and Saturday Noon event which will set you back $550.

Beyond that if you analyse the structures of the rest of the Vegas Tournaments (Good ones)you will find the rest of them almost identical and the Venetian Noon event has the best value. The following events will give you the same amount of play

Caesars $291+$39 Noon Friday-Sunday
Wynn $291+$39 Noon Tuesday-Thursday
Wynn $475+$55 Noon Friday
Bellagio $970+$90 2pm Friday and Saturday
Venetian $120+$30 Noon Sunday to Friday
Treasure Island $100+$25 7pm Saturday and 11am Wednesday

Caesars $165 +$35 Noon Monday-Thursday structure is a little faster than the above listing.

Anyone notice the obvious structure problems here. Why does the Wynn keep the structure the same but jack up the buy-in on Fridays?

What about the Bellagio. The Friday and Saturday offering is $1060 but the Venetian as I mentioned above has a much better event for $550! The 2pm offering at the Bellagio which is offered Monday-Thursday and Sunday and will cost you $500+$40 offers a structure only slightly better than the daily offerings at the Sahara and the Orleans. I welcome input from the Vegas Regulars on the information I have presented here. It appears to me that the Bellagio has no interest in offering good value events, but because they are the Bellagio players will come anyway. Why doesn't everyone just play at the Venetian and see if the others will offer better value events?