View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Waiting to show a good hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a slowroll - I think if it as thinking awhile before calling a river bet with the stone cold nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if someone with the nuts asks you for your chip count when you moved all-in, is that a slow-roll? Seems to me it is,

[/ QUOTE ]

Thees are not slowrolls. The key word here is roll, as in rolling your hand over.

A slowroll is when someone shows a hand and you look disappointed, maybe even say nice hand, then roll over the winner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Although you cite the more "traditional" definition, I kind of think these ARE slow rolls. A friend of mine was in a tournament. Limped around 8 way action, and he checks the BB with 3s6s. Flop is As Js Ts. He decides to move in, and it gets foldedd around to the absolute last player with cards. This player asks for a chip count. Then he separates out the call from the rest of his stack, eyeballs the remainder of his chips, thinks, looks at my friend, looks back at his stack, and says, "OK, I call." They flip their hands, and this guy shows KsQs for a flopped royal.

Although it doesn't fit your traditional defintion, this still feels like a slow-roll to me!

--Headhunter