Thread: Ask a frenchman
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 02:51 PM

Default Re: Ask a frenchman

[ QUOTE ]
Especially the education part. Americans are stupid. This puts me on life tilt on a daily basis. But hey, since I'm an American I can say that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think the phrase "think about how stupid the average person is, and then think that 50% of the people are stupider than that" goes for most countries. But if you are American you arent exposed to all the stupid people of other nations, but through the export of American tv-series, shows, movies and celebrities the rest of the world are exposed to stupid Americans.

Americans tend to joke about several of the steroetypes about the lack of education and the supposed stupidity of the people, and several TV-shows like to show Amricans getting the simplest "common knowledge" questions wrong. The US are also good at conducting studies that shows the percentage of its population and especially students that lack the knowledge of geography, history, politics and history that we assume all people should have. In other countries the stupid people are more hidden and protected from themselves, Americans dont watch French Tv-shows where stupid people are exposed and European countries have less studies published that reveals the lack of education among a fair share of the population.

Sorry for the rant, now back to asking the Frenchie more questions.