View Single Post
Old 10-14-2007, 08:22 PM

Default Re: three barrels vs. raptor

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tbh, it's gotten to the point where people put so much stock in tanking being a bluff that people start tanking with other hands, and the timing issue isn't too big either way, it's just too much leveling.

for instance it's real easy for rap to think 'this dude owuldn't be dumb enouigh to tanka nd then blufffffff! it's probably a thin v-bet or something'

[/ QUOTE ]

dont agree at all, not many people actually balance their own timing tells. also, 60 seconds isnt really the same as tanking.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't know how you could not agree with that, aside from your random reads on certain regulars that don't balance, you're out of your mind if you think 10-20 players can't change it up from time to time, or that people don't get temporarily disconnected, or aren't involved in another hand on another table. incidentally, the longer i take the less likely i am to bluff because the more likely i think it is someone will look me up, and i frequently do at least a bit and sometimes a lot of hollywooding with the nuts.

i dont' reall yknow what you're not agreeing with- if you're saying that people playing high stakes no limit online are always bluffing when they take 60 seconds, then you've either got a small sample size or your inferences are just flat out wrong.