View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 03:26 PM

Default Re: This kinda pissed me off

[ QUOTE ]
OP, honest question here....

Forget the situation for a second. Which is more likely:

You're correct and about 100 random people are all wrong

OR

You're incorrect and about 100 random people are all right?

I'm amazed by the fact that you're not detered by the fact that EVERYONE disagrees with you! If I was in any sort of debate and I found everyone disagreeing with me, then it'd cause me to take a long hard look at my stance on the issue and likely re-evaluate it.

100,491 and counting

[/ QUOTE ]

Very few people in this thread have even tried to make a civil argument that actually makes sense. The majority of this thread is sarcastic remarks or people saying stuff like "OP is a moron LOL." Now of course once I appear defensive every OOT poster with far too much time on their hands is going to give me their arrogant opinion which may or may not make sense or be relevant at all.

At this point, I don't even know what the "argument" is. People against me say that EB Games doesn't owe me anything or have to buy the game off me at a reasonable price. I never said they did, just that it is something that irritated me a bit at the time that I think should be changed. Do I expect them to? Obviously not. Everybody has their pet-peeves with various store policies; this is one of mine.

Regardless, my argument all along has been that altering the policy in a way that allows them to still profit but allows the customer to return a new game for a reasonable price is one that makes sense. People on the other side of the fence either went back to the argument that store policy is store policy therefore I have to live with it because I made a mistake, which I never said was unreasonable, or then people started using the argument that people would abuse this game policy to constantly exchange new games. I suggested all along that a fee could be implemented so that people wouldn't have any reason to do it and also so that the store wouldn't lose money. Then somebody made a long winded post about how people would still abuse the policy even if there were a fee, and that if this happened GameStop would go out of business. It was around this time EB/GameStop customer service replied to my email saying that in the future they suggest purchasing used games which have a "no questions asked" return policy for 7 days. This pretty much makes the previous argument about how it is going to be abused and so forth moot, correct?

I've been wrong before but I've admitted it when I knew I was wrong. I do not think that I'm wrong here, regardless of how many condescending posters tell me otherwise. If "majority rules" governs who is right or wrong, then obviously I lost this one a long time ago. But then again, we would still think the earth is flat.