View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 01:39 AM

Default *****FTOPS Event #12: 6-max Limit***** (Sat. Challenge/Pooh-Bah Post)

This probably belongs in one of the SH forums, but I know enough people in this forum who are playing Friday so I'm putting it here. Who's in?

I'm interested in trading 5%/10% units of action up to 20% if you know me. PM/IM me.

Some of you may know that I've taken a break from grinding the last month and played the Satellite Challenge for this event. Here are my results(with a few days to go):
http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/ftops-challenge?id=12

PT Results:

The 1st and 3rd lines represent the 1-table SnGs I played where only the winner took an entry or $216. (FTP bumped the rake part way through $1 and that's what the 3rd line represents but line 1 and 3 are essentially the same format).
The 2nd line represents MTTs. I wish I got to play more of these for more tournament experience but 1. FTP didn't start running them right away, 2. They only ran twice a day, and 3. They often only had enough to people to have 1 seat guaranteed and the rake, structure, and price were bad compared to the SnG.

A couple of observations:
[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I ran way hot through a small sample size. The MTTc community generally considers 300+ tournaments the start of a legitimate sample size, and though a smaller size is suitable for SnGs. Still, too few.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I did especially well in the Sit & Gos. Again, this was through a small sample but I won 15/35 SnGs I played in. With no skill edge and no variance, I should only be expected to win ~6 of them. No way this is sustainable.

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] I did well HU going 15-10. This was especially important in this format because in most of these situations only the winner took home the full buy-in. I definitely adapted my play as I got more used to this format, focusing on accumulating chips over survival even before the match became HU as long as I had >4 BB. My HU game definitely improved.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Conclusion: These don't run consistently or often enough to make a living off of, but it was a nice short-time commitment away from grinding that fit my demanding school schedule. It was also some valuable experience in short-handed, HU, and donkament play and a solid 70BB boost to my 20/40 roll.