View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 07:16 PM

Default Re: Any Gamers? WoW Membership Site Idea

[ QUOTE ]
I researched some of the Wow guides from Clickbank and they are selling well. I'm a marketer and I have made money from several niche markets that I was not familiar with before. After talking to an ex Wow player, he said that it was not a good idea specially since I did not play the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would have to disagree with your friend about it not being a good idea. One guy I've been talking to online has been marketing WoW guides through CB for a month now, and has made a good amount of money. His sites are here and here, and you can check out his blog for info on his current stats.

[ QUOTE ]
The site will have guides, videos, and a forum all created by the members. I will start off with a low membership price and increase as members increase.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you'd have to have some content already existing to get members. I personally wouldn't join a site if it offered nothing to start. I especially wouldn't pay for the site if it didn't have anything to offer.

[ QUOTE ]
I could even outsource some initial content for the site.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this would solve my above issue with the plan. Also, you might want to offer an incentive to members to provide video and guide content, perhaps getting a month free if they meet the video/guide submission criteria that you create, and if you think it's good and doesn't overlap with content that's already on the site.

[ QUOTE ]
My issues:

I will need someone that is familiar with the game to help with new ideas. Finding Wow players to join and create content.

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt this will be a big problem, being as it's such a popular game. But I agree that you'll definitely want someone knowledgeable who can contribute to forum discussions and offer input to members and the site itself. Since the site sounds like it's intended to be a community, it would be good for the site admin(s) to show a presence here as well, which would make this important in that regard.

Sounds like you have an interesting idea. I'd see if there are any similar sites like this out there (whether free or subscription), and see what's good/bad about them. Try to make your site better in the areas where the other sites fail or are weak.