View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 05:07 PM

Default Any Gamers? WoW Membership Site Idea

I'm not a gamer but after watching an MTV show about the game WOW I got this idea. These gamers are really passionate and I think there is a market for something like this.

I researched some of the Wow guides from Clickbank and they are selling well. I'm a marketer and I have made money from several niche markets that I was not familiar with before. After talking to an ex Wow player, he said that it was not a good idea specially since I did not play the game. Well, here is my idea:

Create a Wow membership affiliate site where players get 50% commission for every person they refer.

Initially I would get experienced Wow players to join free and offer them 75% commission if they post content or are moderators to the forum. This would be done before any regular members would join so that there is already content.

The site will have guides, videos, and a forum all created by the members. I will start off with a low membership price and increase as members increase.

I have several membership scripts and can outsource to have the site built. I know how to market and get traffic to the site. Everything technical I can handle myself or can outsource. I could even outsource some initial content for the site.

My issues:

I will need someone that is familiar with the game to help with new ideas. Finding Wow players to join and create content.

Suggestions? If there are any gamers that are interested in this project let me know.