View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 05:11 AM

Default Standard value bet?

I find one of the most exploitable flaws of the 'tags' in my games is their near fanatical obsession to call down with A high irregardless of opponent. I find this and similar situations all too common.

Further, when a villain with this level of aggresion (normal) just calls down on this ragged flop I think we can fairly safely put them on A high (large portion of time) and without a re-raise preflop we can chop of the biggest aces.

I normally value bet this down to about AT which i think is my cut-off, I am curious what other think?

SB is 35/18/1.6 over 500 hands

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (5 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 7 BB