View Single Post
Old 10-05-2007, 04:36 PM

Default Re: ebay bidding strategy

[ QUOTE ]
the reason to post your bid at the last second is as much to keep someone from running the bid up on you with a confederate account (not too likely on a CD i'd guess) as to keep other people from putting in their max bid, getting beaten by yours and then changing their mind and putting in a bid that beats yours.

I use justsnipe.com. register and it will put in your bid for you at the last second. it's free if you don't use it more than x times a month. there are other sniping programs out there. it will save you a little money here and there over time.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the good thing about sniping programs is that you don't have to be logged on to Ebay when the bidding ends. If you're on the West Coast, an item might have been posted by an East Coast seller that ends at an ungodly early time. Automatic sniping takes care of that. Also, you don't have the opportunity to forget when the item ends. I used to use www.auctionsniper.com, but I'm not an active Ebayer anymore, so I don't know how good they are now.