View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 11:22 AM

Default Re: Limiting low count spam and trolling

[ QUOTE ]
I also don't see how it does damage to our relations with the public to say we're trying to give everyone a better board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I realize it doesn't matter since Mat decided to pass for now, but perhaps this better explains what I was thinking.

2+2'ers love to whine about everything. They whine when spammers come to the board, they whine about newbies, etc. But these whiners are already existing users, the chances of them leaving are historically slim. What we don't need are people who we never get to hear whine because they are turned off by a system of restricting posts when they first join, IMHO any forum-wide solution which restricts a new user would eventually reduce the number of new users who become active members. There are already countless people who bad-mouth 2+2 on the outside, people who refuse to join for whatever dumb reason they can justify in their brains. We are often accused improperly of being elitist, I just think that a forum-wide restricted post policy would increase the elitist accusations and in turn affect new membership.