View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: tell us about your job

What do you do? I supervise an adminstrative support department in a university.

Do you like it? It's low stress, I have a lot of freedom, with two large exceptoins, I like who works for me and who I work with. It beats a real job.

What makes you in particular well-suited or poorly-suited for your work? I'm a good teacher, I relate well with people, I'm good at hiring.

What kind of people do best in your work? We don't ask a lot. If you can be organized, you're pretty much ok.

What qualifications are necessary for people considering work in the same field as you? Well, I'm 5 credits short of my degree...

What is a typical day like? Depends on if I'm trying. If not, a lot of 2p2. If I am, meetings, working on project and putting out fire/helping my staff as needed.

What kind of problems do you encounter? Unreasonable requests from faculty, idiots on all fronts.

What are the biggest (most common) sources of frustration and elation? I have two employees who are mostly braindead and useless. I can't fire them. Communicating them at all is a pain.

How much do you make? 40K a year.

How much can one expect to make in your position? 40K