View Single Post
Old 03-27-2006, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Ask Shant about T-shirts

[ QUOTE ]
I design and screenprint my own shirts. I sell them online, and sometimes in stores. I have t-shirts that I've had since I was a kid because I liked the designs. I have bought t-shirts that don't fit me. I have spent hours at thrift stores looking through boxes of t-shirts. I collect t-shirts. I am making a quilt out of some of my favorites. I have framed and hung t-shirts on walls. I own books about t-shirts. I have impeccable taste in t-shirts and am complimented frequently on ones I am wearing.

Now that you know I'm qualified, go ahead and ask me some stuff. If you are planning on buying some t-shirts online, give me some links and I'll let you borrow my awesome taste. If you need some t-shirt reccomendations, give me some stuff you like and I'll find you some rad ones, new or used.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect. Shant, I wanna buy some cool tshirts. I've found a few blogs and e-commerce sites, but I defer to your expertise. I want shirts that will be cool on their own, and also will work under a blazer for going out.

I want to avoid knock offs that you could buy in the hot topics of the world, like the plague.

I think abstract designs, would work well as would sketches of certain musicians or athletes. Pop culture refferences could work, but they tend to be a little kitsch.

GO!

edit: the response to soul daddy's q. could be very similar to mine.