Thread: tunica question
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: tunica question

There is a $40 shuttle, but I can't remember the name of it. That's $40 round trip. It's used mainly by employees going back and forth to Memphis, but for $10 more they'll drop you off and pick you up at the airport--but you have to call them first. I found out about this shuttle after I had been there a while. They're hard to find. I saw them parked out in front of the Shoe one day, otherwise I never would have known.

If you rent a car in Memphis be aware that there is no place to drop it off in Tunica--no place. And there isn't a taxi to be had.

The Tunica airport (about 10-15 miles away) has rental cars (Enterprise) and they will pick you up and deliver, but it might actually be cheaper to rent a car from the Memphis airport.

All of the poker action is at the Horsehoe, with the Gold Strike second. The Goldstrike doesn't get any big limit games. If you get the poker rate at the Gold Strike they want you to play a certain amount of hours, and they track those hours by swiping your card. They told me if I didn't get in the required hours I'd have to pay the regular rate on my room, which was quite a bit more.

If you hit it right, Sam's Town has a $5000 added monthly tournament that's pretty soft.

The Horseshoe on the other hand, if you are lucky enough or know somebody well enough to get a room, wants you to play in their room, but they don't actually "track" your hours. Just showing your face is enough.

And the free food at the Shoe is a great deal.