View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 07:47 AM

Default Re: 2008 Presidential Primaries

[ QUOTE ]
TE, I think you dare doing a great job on all of this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
As for Republicans, ALL the Republican talking heads (Rush, Hannity, etc..) were very adamant about what kind of Republican was needed to win the election.

They all described a candidate who is:

1. Pro Smaller government
2. Pro Lower Taxes
3. Strong on National DEFENSE....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a big Ron Paul fan, as everyone here probably knows. I post at sites like Townhall to remind them of what Republicans are SUPPOSED to believe, and then remind them that Ron Paul is that guy. I hope he wins the nomination, of course.

Regardless, it seems the political calculus is straightforward. Unless Barack Obama comes out for Internet poker, it seems like our votes will count the most in the Republican primary. We can vote for Ron Paul to make a statement (and with the hope that many others will as well). We can vote for Giuliani to keep the FoF-types at home on Election Day. Or, we can vote for Thompson or Romney if they come out for Internet gaming.

With regards to the Barack Obama exception I mentioned earlier, if he sponsors any of our legislation in the Senate we may wish to vote for him in the Democratic primaries. We'll have plenty of lead time.

Just something to think about. We can always switch back to our "real" parties after the primary.