View Single Post
Old 05-06-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: The last big fight De La Hoya - Mayweather

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Say what you want about this fight, but I'll take that over jujitsu and submission MMA guys any [censored] day of the year. I am really starting to get bored of MMA. The only real good fights I have seen lately have been from straight up sluggers (Liddell) or from guys that just like brawling (Bisping comes to mind). Man [censored] an arm bar!

[/ QUOTE ]

So you'd rather watch a fight where the guy who runs away all night wins? I had never seen PBF fight before last night and I was majorly disappointed. I can't believe that a guy who fought a totally defensive fight was able to retain his title. Oscar was the only one who pressed the action. If Oscar wouldn't have went after PBF, neither fighter would have ever landed a punch.

In MMA, you'll never see a fighter who runs the whole fight win a decision. MMA rewards aggressions and manliness, not prancing and dancing around like some kind of syncrhonized swimmer or something. Since Tyson left, boxing has just turned too effeminant.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Sugar Ray Leonard vs. Marvin Hagler anyone? Was boxing effeminate then too?