View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 12:09 PM

Default treading lightly....

3-6 blinds on FTP (6 handed).

I feel I could have made a mistake on every street except the turn. I would prefer we ignore preflop so that we can discuss post flop decisions.

I just sat down and this is my 15th hand. Nothing crazy has happened up till now. BT has raised limpers though
twice in this time.

My stack: $600 (MP)
BT stack: $725
SB stack: $650

I limp in MP with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. BT raises to $30. SB calls and BB folds. I call (will discuss below my thinking). Pot is $96. Flop comes 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB checks, I check (??) and CO bets $75. SB calls. I call (??). Pot is $321. Turn is the K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. It gets checked around. River is the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB checks. What to do?

My thinking at the time was this. Preflop is very very marginal at best I know. But I wanted to give off a wild image for later as well as set the tone to let people know that my limps are not always weak. I fold this preflop 90% of the time. This happenned to be one of the 10% occassions. Also I was all set on folding but when the SB just called I was now getting 3-1 on my money and thought my hand may be good enough to take a flop with those odds.

As far a the flop goes, I am in a tough spot here. TPWK and in the middle of two unknowns. Is c/r a better option? What about c/f here? I was planning on c/r the CO but when SB c/c here I didn't think a c/r would work as often. Plus my bet would have to be bigger now and with our stack sizes it may very well mean c/r all in here. Overcallin atleast closed the action and allowed for me to see another card and reevaluate.

On the turn the King completes the flush and puts an overcard out so I figured that is the end of the hand fo me. If anyne bets, I fold. I thought about bluffing at this pot once SB checked figuring CO was could be weak with that flop but SB could also be looking to trap here with 2 people in. How often does someone in SB's position check a flush here into 2 people? Anyways when it gets checked around I felt lost.

The river gave me 2 pair. It also put a straight on the board along with the already present flush, possible higher 2 pairs and the ever present possibility of a set for someone. SB checks again. Does a stronger hand then mine check on this river? Should I still be worried about the BT here after a checked turn? What kind of ranges do you put these guys on and more importantly what is yur action on the river? Is this a spot for a thin value bet. Do you c/c anything 'reasonable'?

As I said, I think I screwed this hand up on every street (except the turn where I stopped putting money in the pot) and would like to find a better line. Please disect my incompitence.