View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: not sure about this laydown - 11$ mtt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, PF was the worst problem. Calling here is quite a bad leak. It has nothing to do with style and everything to do with you spewing chips all over the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

__________________________________________________ _______

i totally agree with that under normal conditions.
this one is from a extremly loose passive table.
5 of the 10 guys werde playing about 50-20-0 or similar on pah with many checkdowns postflop or fold to any aggression.
so i tried to get in the pot often and got some laydowns postflop.
__________________________________________________ _______

how do you play these passive tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if they're calling like any and all raises, then my good hand will get paid off extremely well, so I don't have to speculate in marginal situations. If I can punish them with aggressive raises (they will limp and call minraises with all sorts of stuff, but if someone makes a big raise/reraise,) then that's the way to go. Also, I can speculate with a lot of hands (like this one) in position. But speculating here UTG+1 is just not a good play. If we hit a good hand it's harder to figure out where we stand, if we hit the best hand it's harder to get paid off, if no one hits it's harder to steal the pot, etc. Also, with 6-7 people left to act, there's a pretty decent chance that someone later on actually wakes up with a real hand and we have to dump ours.