View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 05:49 PM

Default 1/2-2/4 FL SH Player - Best ways to improve my game?

I know many of these posted topics are just rehashes of previous threads...I'm sure this one's no exception, but I'm hoping I've put a little different twist on it.

I'm playing 1/2-2/4 FL SH, and I think I'm finally beating the games for a small winrate...RB & bonuses make it worthwhile, but there's still a lot of room for improvement. There's a lot of material out there, and only so much time in the day, so I'm trying to get down to the best use of my time. Here are the different resources I can think of.

First, the ones I have:

SSHE
ITH
HPFAP
Winning LLHE
Weighing The Odds
Mathematics Of Poker
Zen And The Art Of Poker
Short-Handed Hold 'Em DVDs
StoxPoker Membership
Poker Academy Software

The ones I don't have, but have considered:

Hold 'Em On The Come
How Good Is Your Limit Hold 'Em?
Winning In Tough Hold 'Em Games
Inside The Poker Mind
Limit Hold 'Em DVDs (Ed Miller)

So, what is the best use of my time given the games I am playing?

Is there anything I own that I should actually be AVOIDING, or is it all applicable to some extent? Are the Dave Fromm DVDs suitable for the stakes I'm playing? I've rarely used Poker Academy, not sure if it would be useful.

Of the things I don't own, what should I be acquiring? What isn't on my list that should be? I'm really excited about the new Stox book, but the more I read about it, the more I wonder if it's applicable at my small stakes.

Sorry for all the questions, please just answer as you see fit. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Edit to add: I am also participating in the SSSH hand swaps, and intend to read and post on that forum more than I am currently (which isn't much).