View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 12:14 AM

Default Re: Curious announcement by Venetian TD

[ QUOTE ]
Anthony did fine. Going 11-handed instead of hand-for-hand was a fine choice. I also in his shoes might have done a redraw for seats to mix up the final two tables. But you CANNOT punish me for folding crappy hands as we're on/near the bubble. If 5 morons at my table all say they're going to fold around to the blinds, I can't stop them, but I can sure throw a fit if someone tries to disqualify me for their behaviour.

[/ QUOTE ]

What they need to look at is how they arrived at that point. Many things have to go wrong in how a tournament is condcuted beofre it gets to a point where one table is willing to collude against the other table. Without playing htere to know what else is wrong entertaining the idea of a deal across more than one table is just a bad idea. I would prefer that deal making be eliminated, but that isn't really practical. I do feel deals should be limited to the final table as there is just too much confusion going on to get multiple table to agree to something and be able to be certain that everyone understands the deal and the nobody was coerced or tricked into agreeing to the deal.