View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 02:03 PM

Default Re: Four Winds 200NL Hand #2

grunch

why did you post results, noobtard? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

i have found that i overvalue AQ in nl games, so coldcalling feels right to me in position. villain is "fast and loose", but unless he's going to get all his chips in with AJ, you aren't that far ahead of much of his range. with a big suited A, we don't mind a multiway pot, so i'm happy to call and see what happens.

against an opponent who can fold, the flop is obviously a great place for a semibluff raise. against this guy, i'm not so sure. that flop is pretty junky, though, so raising and hoping to win right away can't be that bad. if you make a psb (using james's formula that's 17*3 + 23 = $76), he has about $20 left, so you may as well shove.

as played, you're getting odds to draw on the turn. his bet is a little weird, but it's at *least* as likely to be a crappy hand as it is to be a tricky bet/3bet. with a better postflop read, you might go ahead and shove here since villain looks weak and that turn card isn't scary for you but it is scary for him.

and having gotten to the river this way, i shove and hope he has enough to call.