View Single Post
Old 10-30-2007, 07:09 PM

Default Re: WPT Niagara, Last hand before the break...

[ QUOTE ]
I should have included this in the OP, but the villain in this hand probably recognizes I am a solid internet player and am not some random donk.

I think you guys are taking "loose-aggressive, young player" for more than what it is. He wasn't getting out of line too often, he was just playing a lot of pots and C-betting most flops.

I decided to call, and the river was a red 2, I checked, and he said "all-in" pretty quickly and I folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured that he knows that you know that he's an aggressive player etc...that, and the fact that it's the last hand before break means you can absolutely not fold. I was going to say push the turn, because I feel like that's the best way to get his money in there. You managed to get him to stack off anyway, but def. blew it by folding. I think you should just fold preflop and use the extra time to go the bathroom during break if you're going to take this line.

Edit: The "last-hand-before-break" aspect of this isn't that important at the 50/100 level, and you misrepresented the hand originally by saying he was a loose-agressive-young player, when u seem to be saying he was just a competent/thinking player...anyway, even if you had told us this guy was a nit, most people would be clamoring for chips to go in the pot somehow.