View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 11:36 AM

Default Frustrated Poker Players on ESPN

I know this is related to the ESPN WSOP thread but it deserves a comment of its own...i just cant tolerate watching ESPN and the 'frustrated poker player' when a bad card hits or a flop doesnt pan out, especially moneymaker and gold...i simply couldnt stand watching moneymaker huff and puff about all his 'bad luck'...does he remember the 2 outer he hit on umberto brenes with pocket 8's vs. aces in 2003? if he loses that hand, he most likely isnt more than a quick fart in the wind in wsop history...how about his full house on the river vs. ivey with 10 players left?...so he comes back in 2007, gets run over by a couple of 'amateurs' (chris YOU ARE AN AMATEUR) and acts like he has the WORST LUCK of any tourney pro.

Similarly, Jamie Gold had that "Ugh, i just cant pick up a hand look" in the hands they showed. When ESPN shows 7/8 hands of one guy and hes pouting, you can multiply that pouting by 10 for a 15 hour day. Dude, YOU WON THE WHOLE THING FOR 12 MILLION DOLLARS IN 2006!! WHO CARES IF YOU GET KNOCKED OUT ON DAY ONE FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS. YOULL STILL HAVE 11.9 million dollars left over.

Hellmuth i can take because of the hilarity. But these other 'pros' who complain about their luck in the world series is getting gut wrenching to watch. And the guy who flopped a straight and the board had 4 spades when the river came was all WAH WAH WAH (the hand where the other guy had the king of spades and called the slowplayed A of spades)...doesnt this happen ONCE A NIGHT TO ALL OF US IN A LIVE GAME!! (several times a night online)...what is so unusual about this! Theres THOUSANDS of PLAYERS. ITS ONE OF THE THE BIGGEST TOURNEYS in HISTORY. For gosh sakes, its hard to win a single table SNG nevermind a tournament with 6000/8000 players. When are these idiot 'champions' who should be graceful endorsers of the sport going to realize this!!!!?? im done.