View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 03:41 PM

Default Re: HU NL article comments

RichE,

I think this article is very beginner-oriented, and contains some flaws and bad thinking. You talk about buying in short into a Heads Up game - this is ridiculous. Your reasons for this are terrible, in my opinion. You play a Heads Up game because you believe you have a direct advantage over them. You sit because it is +EV. Why wouldn't you buyin to cover your opponent? If you don't believe you have an advantage, why would you play then?

You then give the reason that you buy in short so you can get reads for cheap, and then buy in full later. Yet I'm reading your article, and even 20-30 hands in, you STILL haven't rebought to cover your opponent!!

Your response to creed's opinions on you buying in short:

[ QUOTE ]
I am looking to curb his play with minimal risk, and force him to play in a more rational way.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want your opponents to "curb" their play? Why would you want your opponents to play in a "more rational way"? You want your opponents to play well? This makes no sense - you want your opponents to play irrationally, to make large mistakes, and the best way to do this is to allow MORE opportunities for them to make mistakes. Namely, this means DEEPER stacks, for more play on LATER streets - TURN/RIVER. Bad villains tend to make the greatest mistakes on later streets, and put in money with less equity than ever because of the clear fact that there are less cards to come.

In short (no pun intended), I think this article is at its best beginner-oriented, and should not be an example of any sort of deeper heads up thinking.

Regards,

yvesaint