View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 01:08 PM

Default Re: 3 hands, 1 villain

Thanks for the comments- I typed the hands from memory and do not have access to the HH. Sorry if it was hard to read.

In hand 2, note that I am in position- would you check behind here? I think that is the best play. If he has Ax, TT, 99, 88, etc, maybe he peels the flop because of the paired board and the likelihood that I missed and am just c-betting. But on the turn, with the dominated pairs he would have to think he is beat since the A hit. If he has an A, I'm toast. Or if he has Jx, maybe he will hit me with a c/r. So checking the turn gets me off cheap when I am beat, induces bluffs from weaker hands, and gets me closer to showdown.

All of that aside, my bet very luckily happened to be perfect given his holding, it would have sucked to give him a freebie to his gutter.

I agree that raising the flop is the best play- I think in the heat of battle I thought I was WA/WB and wanted to let him continue, but he fired strong again on the turn and I chickened out. I hate my play of this hand.