View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Playing a draw on the turn for EV=1.5BB, impact on metagame?

[ QUOTE ]
Play more aggressively. Calling five big blinds with 4 high out of position and not pumping this mega-gin flop is weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

In this case he had a set of Queens, he is not folding. Do you think the EV that we gain from having him to fold A7s is bigger than the EV that we lose against the sets, two pairs, and AKs that call?

[ QUOTE ]
* What do you think is the EV impact for future hands?
Don't know what that means.

* How do you expect your opponents to adjust their games
I don't expect $25NL players to be that perceptive. Most players that possess the capability of being that perceptive are playing so many tables that hands like these will remain mostly unnoticed.

* How should we adjust our game to the adjustments we expect from our opponents?
Again, see above.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about this, we at are NL25 are all donks, so players do not adjust. But what other games? How will they adjust?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

HAND 1

I had 10/44 = 22,7273% equity

[/ QUOTE ]

I donīt understand this. Thereīs 46 cards you donīt know when calling the turn - it doesnīt matter wether a card is in his pocket cards or in the deck.

When calling, you also donīt know what he has. Allthough he surely doesnīt play as if he is trying to see cards for cheap, donīt take it for granted that a small flush will win. Plus thereīs negative implied odds working against you, as you are certainly not going to give in without any resistance should a flush card pair the board? So, sometimes you will hit and pay off his boat, at least up to a certain degree.

Also, both hands are preflop folds against at least against all but the most postflop-super-loose-super-passiv players. No offence, but have you been doing this for a long time?
If so, it would be very nice if you could check your database (poker tracker or whatever). Iīm honestly interested if playing those hand in your style makes any money - but I guess not.

EDIT: seeing that there are players behind you still to act, these are preflop folds at all times against a raise before you IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

On both hands the Ace high flush is not possible, as the relevant ace is on the table, so I feel more confident playing this low flushes.

On the first hand, the player was betting big and big, so I figured he had a monster. On the second hand, he was begging for me to call by betting small, and I couldn't refuse :-)

But still, both hands were EV+ as played, without considering the negative implied odds that you certainly point out.

First hand might become EV- for the negative odds, but the second hand is stll EV+ in my opinion (have to do the math).

I have recently re-installed my computer so PokerTracker is still not installed (have to get a new code), but I still don't know how usefull it will be because I've been moving up fast in stakes recently starting from 0.01/0.02, every single stake until 0.25/0.50 where I am today. Will try to do this when I install PokerTracker again.

Regards ...